Telkom University (abbreviated as Tel-U) - is an amalgamation of several institutions under Telkom Education Foundation (YPT) which consist of IT Telkom, IM Telkom, Polytechnic Telkom and STISI Telkom. Tel-U specialized program of study in the field of "Information and Communications Technologies, Management and Creative Industries" in response to demands of rapidly ICT industry development.
The average growth in the telecommunications business in Indonesia increased by 20% each year. This growth includes a mobile-based business communications services, fixed line, internet and broadband access. That growing number estimated Indonesia Infocom power requirements 2010 are as many as 320,000 people.
Nowadays, some Infokom graduates are graduated from either public or private universities, including Tel-U. However, the number of universities graduates which related to information and communication, only about 20,000 people per year.
Tel-U big plan in 2017 is become the international-class universities in the field of Information and Communication. Also, become an agents of change in creating an intelligent and competitive human.
Telkom University's vision is to become a World Class University which actively involved in development of science and art with information technology-based.
1. Organize and develop international standard education;
2. Create, Implement, and disseminate science, technology, management, and art which is internationally recognized;
3. Implement community service activities through the use of science, technology, management, and art.
1. Achieving the trust of all stakeholders;
2. Creating an integrity and competence graduates with national and international competitiveness;
3. Constructing a research culture, cross-cultural academic atmosphere, and spirit of entrepreneurship among the academic society;
4. Producing beneficial research and innovation product to improve the quality of life and support the development of national economy.