Reflections on the 7th Anniversary of Telkom University in Contribution to the Nation
Starting from Cacuk Sudarijanto’s aspiration to bring PT. Telkom Indonesia as the company which provides the best service, and outstanding Human Resources, leads Cacuk Sudarijanto to establish an educational institution called the Telkom Institute of Technology (STT Telkom) and the Bandung MBA on September 28, 1990. Now is the forerunner of its establishment Telkom University.
MBA Bandung and STT Telkom passed through some transformation process. It starts from MBA which has been transformed into the Bandung Management College (STMB) which is in line with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Culture. To provide a stronger identity in the scientific field of business and telecommunication management, in 2006 STMB changed to Telkom Business Management College (STMB Telkom), then as an increasingly strong existence pushed STMB Telkom to transform into Telkom Management Institute (IM Telkom) in the year 2008.
Similar to MBA Bandung, STT Telkom has passed several changes. STT Telkom is the first tertiary institution in Indonesia that specializes in study programs in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Then STT Telkom changed to Telkom Institute of Technology (IT Telkom) in 2008. IT Telkom is an initial step towards a World Class University and has a goal to meet the need for experts in the telecommunications industry and even prepare experts in the field of ICT who are skilled and business-minded as well as in response to the demands of the rapid development of the ICT industry.
In 2007, upon the initiation of the cooperation between the NTC (National Institute of Information Technology, India & Telkom Center) and the Professional Program of STT Telkom, formed a quality vocational education institution called the Telkom Polytechnic. Telkom Polytechnic comes with a mission to contribute to the Indonesian nation and the world community by producing graduates who have international insight and can compete globally.
To complement other scientific fields besides IT and Management, the Telkom Education Foundation also presents the Telkom Indonesia College of Art and Design (STISI Telkom) which has been established since 1990 under the name Indonesian College of Art and Design (STISI). STISI Telkom joined to become part of one of the Educational Institutions under the auspices of the Telkom Education Foundation in 2010. In the beginning, STISI joined with the initiation of cooperation between STISI and also the Telkom Professional Development Center (Telkom PDC). STISI Telkom is one of the pioneer private universities in the field of Fine Arts and Design. Complete with the most comprehensive study program which focuses on creating skilled and expert graduands of art and design.
From the dreams and hopes that have been carried out by the four educational institutions under the auspices of the Telkom Education Foundation (YPT) which has contributed a lot to Indonesia, so to realize a bigger dream, the Telkom Education Foundation presents Telkom University. Telkom University is an amalgamation of IT Telkom, IM Telkom, STISI Telkom and Telkom Polytechnic which was inaugurated on August 14, 2013, by the Minister of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia, Prof. Dr. Ir. Muhammad Nuh, DEA.
Telkom University has the vision to become a Research and Entrepreneurial University in 2023 which actively involves the development of science and art technology based on information technology. Currently, Telkom University has more than 50,000 alumni from 1990 until now with alumni distribution in various countries. One thing that makes Telkom University great to date is the existence of Telkom University alumni who have proven their expertise in various fields.
Until now Telkom University has made many proud achievements. This is achieved not only by contributions from some parties, but this is the contribution of various parties who have supported the implementation of education on the Telkom University campus since the establishment of STT Telkom and MBA Telkom from 1990.
Various achievements have also been achieved by Telkom University, including:
- Best Private University in Indonesia from Kemenristekdikti
- In 2016 Tel-U achieved accreditation A from the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT) with the A Accreditation Study Program reaching 71.87% and 56% International Accredited Study Programs reaching 60%
- Received the Widya Padhi Award as the University with the best innovation
- Achieved QS Star rating (5 stars) in teaching, innovation, employability, and inclusiveness.
- To be the Webometrics version of the No.1 Private Higher Education (PTS)
- University with the highest publication productivity in Indonesia for the category of Private Higher Education (PTS) at the Science and Technology Index Awards (SINTA)
- Ranked 1st in Private Universities for the highest international publication productivity (schimago version)
- Received the Klaster Mandiri (The highest) award for research performance from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education
- Ranked 401 in the QS AUR ranking (Asia University Ranking)
- Ranked 50 in the world according to WURI (World University with Real Impact) for the categories Industrial Application, Ethnical Value, and Student Mobility & Openness
- To be the most popular private Tinggu University (PTS) according to 4ICU (UniRank)
- Rank 9 on the UI Green Metric ranking as a Green Campus
All of the achievements that have been achieved by Telkom University are the result of the hard work of Telkom University academics starting from students, teaching staff, staff, and alumni who continue to maintain the reputable name of Telkom University both from the first batch in 1990 to the present.
Rector of Telkom University Prof. Adiwijaya congratulated all academicians at the Telkom University Anniversary celebration and congratulations on all the achievements. According to him, all the achievements and quality provided by Telkom University are a Tel-U commitment to contribute to Indonesia.
“Thank you to all Tel-U academics for the achievements of Tel-U, and I would also like to thank the alumni in contributing to the industry and maintain the reputable name of Tel-U. Our commitment is to contribute to the nation and continue to create outstanding resources for the advancement of the Indonesia. ” (***)
The following is a series of activities to be held to commemorate Telkom University Anniversary, as follows:
The seminar with the theme Strengthening the Economic Revival Through Digital Innovation Towards “Indonesia Maju” which will present Prof. Dr. Mohammad Mahfud MD (Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs) and Prof. Ir. Nizam, Ph.D. (Director General of Higher Education Ministry of Education and Culture), Erick Thohir (Minister of State-Owned Enterprises), Dr. Ir. Ismail, MT (Dirjen SDPPI Kominfo), Dr. Ir. Jumain Appe (Director General of Innovation Strengthening of the Ministry of Research and Technology / National Agency for Research and Technology) and Ririek Adriansyah (President Director of Telkom Indonesia) on August 14, 2020.
- Tabligh Akbar Telkom University invites Ahmad Baha’uddin Nursalim which will be held on August 13, 2020
- The series of activities for the 2020 Telkom University Alumni Forum (FAST) Olympics for students, employees and alumni will be held on August 14-30 2020
- A series of Telkom University cultural activities with the theme “Stronger Happier” which will be held on August 17, 2020
- Organizing a National Research and Innovation-Based Indonesia Advanced Webinar which invited Prof. Bambang Soemantri Brojonegoro, Ph.D. (Minister of Research and Technology / Head of the National Innovation Research Agency) as well as a series of other webinars.
The entire series of Telkom University Anniversary activities were held as a form of gratitude from the entire academic community of Telkom University for the achievements that have been achieved by Telkom University and strengthening the values ??of Harmony, Excellence, and Integrity (HEI).